1. What are you most excited for this year?
I am most excited to begin grad school to pursue a Ph.D. in Biochemistry.
2. What adventure are you planning next?
Currently, I am trying to coordinate with friends to go on a few hikes with me this fall. Autumn is the absolute best time to hike: cool weather, beautiful colors, and excellent summit views. Also, I love to go on longer hikes (8+ miles), because it teaches and pushes me to continue on the trail, regardless of how sore or tired I am. I consider it a great life lesson and reminder to continue on your path, regardless of how difficult it may be.
3. Tell me something not many people know about you.
When I was 4 years old, my father was helping his brothers with harvesting crops on the farm. He allowed me to ride in the cab of the tractor with him, as the tractor extension cut the crops. However, something became stuck in the extension and my father had to get out of the cab to fix it. While he was repairing it, I climbed out of the cab and sat on the metal cover over the tractor wheel (each wheel was 5 ft. in diameter). I was preoccupied and did not notice that my father climbed into the cab from the other side. All of a sudden, the tractor jerked and began moving, and I fell off the wheel cover and landed between the tractor and the extension. Luckily, I curled into a tight ball and squeezed my eyes shut. When I eventually opened them, the tractor was already ~40 ft. away and I was somehow unscathed. Soon, my dad realized that he accidentally ran over me with the tractor, and he bribed me with ice cream and candy to never tell my mother about it. So, I consider myself lucky to be alive.
4. What do you want to be remembered by?
I want to be remembered for my curiosity and pursuit of knowledge. I feel like that is the ultimate goal to strive for as a human being.
5. Describe who you are in three words.
Curious, resourceful, and open-minded.
6. What’s getting crossed off your bucket list this year and can I do it with you?
Hmm…I’d like to try to hike part of the Appalachian Trail. I hiked a few miles of it while in North Carolina 8 years ago. Of course, you can tag along since you’re an avid outdoorsman. It’s always refreshing to hike with someone who appreciates the remoteness and beauty of nature.
7. If you could be anywhere right now, who would it be with and what would you be doing?
I would be at JMU playing and writing music with my fellow chemistry majors/musicians/friends. Whenever we got together to play, it was always a fun time and it made me miss playing music in professional groups/bands. Sometimes, it even made me feel as if I should not have chosen to study chemistry, but instead music.
8. Favorite place you’ve travelled? (Or place you want to travel to)
I loved Germany the most. When I was a high school freshman, I visited Germany over the summer during the 2006 World Cup. Not only did I get to visit and meet my German family, but I also was able to witness how enthusiastic Germans are about Fußball.
9. What do you desire?
I desire to continually grow and improve throughout my life.
- Which genres/bands do you listen to?
- Name 3 quirks that you have.
- Who are you really? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think.
- If you could ask 1 person just one question, and he/she would answer honestly, what would you ask them and who would you ask?
- Do you ask enough questions? Or are you content with what you know?
- Which activities or hobbies make you lose track of time?
- What do you want most out of life?
- What have you done that you’re most proud to have achieved?
- What terrifies you the most?